Using an iPad makes many of our tasks much easier, and our daily lives a little bit better. We take them almost everywhere; they’re our digital assistants. However, there’s not a single person who’d like to hold an iPad 24/7. And therein lies the need for iPad arm mounts.
Although the arm mounts can help us in a lot of ways, they’re an often overlooked or underestimated piece of furniture. They can be useful in education, business, cooking, etc. They should come with the iPad.
However, we get the chance to pick out the best from amongst the thousands of existing mounting products because of this. We’ve already done all the research and discovered three of the best arm mounts for iPad devices on the market. But that’s not all we’re going to cover today. Later, we’ll discuss the types of iPad mounts available and how to choose the best one. Let’s begin!
Best iPad Arm Mounts of 2020
Now we’ve made it simple for you by picking the best tablet arm stands that you can rely on to hold your device. Find the pros and cons of each one below.
While this mount has the phrase “kitchen tablet stand” in its name, it is far more than that. This contraption comes with three set-up options and two stands. You can choose to set it up on a wall, under a (kitchen) cabinet, or simply spread it’s legs out on any tabletop. This makes it ideal for both work and home use since you can install it anywhere.
The iPad holder part of this stand is very adjustable and can rotate 360 degrees. The kitchen tablet stand itself has flexible joints, able to contract and expand several inches. You can also fold it up and put it away in a drawer when you’re done using it. This makes it an excellent holder for travelers.
This stand also comes with a stylus, so you can control your iPad without touching it or shaking it. It’s compatible with most 7-13 inch tablets and has port access, so you can charge your laptop while it’s in use.
- Compatible with most iPads with lengths between 7-13 inches.
- iPad holder can rotate 360 degrees.
- Comes with three set-up options.
- Flexible joints.
- Easy to pack away.
- Comes with a stylus.
- Has port access.
- Comes with three set-up options.
- Compatible with many iPads.
- Contractible when not in use.
- Stylish aluminum body.
- Some users say it doesn’t hold iPads securely.
- Some users complain that this mount is too bulky.
2. Tyrone Gooseneck Tablet Stand (Best for Entertainment)
This Gooseneck tablet stand is an iPad stand holder explicitly made to be clamped to desks. It comes with a base clamp with a gap of 3 inches and can be tightened and fitted for almost any tabletop or edge. You can even fasten it to your headboard.
This arm mount has excellent compatibility. You can use it for all devices between 4-10.6 inches long, including phones, iPads, E-readers, and Nintendo switches. While this tablet may look fragile, it can handle heavier laptops as well. All you have to do is create an “S” pattern with the gooseneck for better stability. Once you’ve done that, you can even watch videos with the tablet upside down.
However, you can’t do much more than watching videos with this iPad arm. Because of gravity, it’s basically impossible to use your iPad while it’s in the desk mount. It’ll undoubtedly wobble and shake. If you need to tap and use your device frequently, you might want to reconsider buying this product or invest in a stylus.
- Compatible with devices between 4-10.6 inches.
- The base clamp can be tightened on nearly any edge.
- Can be used with heavier iPads.
- Flexible but sturdy arm.
- Can fit nearly every edge.
- Compatible with a wide range of devices.
- The gooseneck is hard to adjust.
- The base could be sturdier.
- Not compatible with bigger tablets.
3. Lamicall Gooseneck Tablet Holder (Best Compatibility)
This tablet holder is also a gooseneck. However, it is compatible with both phones and iPads. It can take iPads from 7-11 inches long and phones 4-6.5 inches long. It also comes with anti-skid rubber pads inside the tablet holder, so no matter what position your tablet is in, it’s securely gripped.
This gooseneck holder is easy to set up and install as long as your take edge isn’t wider than 2.8 inches. The sleek and ergonomic design is also easy to use. All you have to do is use the elastic attached to the brackets to pull them out and place the iPad. If you want to tap your iPad while it’s in the arm mount, you can adjust the gooseneck into an “S” for more stability.
- Easily adjustable.
- Best for reading and watching videos.
- Easy set-up process.
- Fits a wide variety of devices.
- Compatible with many devices.
- Easy to adjust.
- Long gooseneck makes it easy to place your iPad wherever you want.
- Bounces when touched.
- Some buyers say the neck is not strong enough.
These are our best iPad arm mounts handpicked from the thousands available on Amazon. Now let’s get into the types of mounts available.
Types of iPad Mounts
Here are a brief list and explanation of the various types of mounts including arm holders, desk mounts, car holders, and floor mounts.
- Arm mounts: These are the tablet mounts we’re discussing today. They typically have sturdy, extendable mechanical arms that support the tablet.
- Desk mounts: These come with a base clamp. They usually have extendable mechanical arms, as well.
- Car mounts: There are several types of car mounts. They’re usually attachable to dashboards, windshields, headrests, etc.
- Floor mounts: These can also be called standing mounts. They’re iPad mounts that can stand upright on the floor. Their heights are usually adjustable.
If you’re looking for the right mount, you need to take stock of a few things before and during the sale.
How to Choose Your Best iPad Mount Holder
There are four factors that you must look at before investing in that new mount.
- Size: This mostly depends on what you want to do with your tablet while on the stand. Do you want to use it for entertainment, education, as a POS system, or for work? A big tablet mount might be better for the first two options, but you can use smaller ones for the latter two.
- Durability: To check this factor out, you’ll need to take a closer look at the materials the iPad mount is made of.
- Storage: Do you have enough space for a large tablet arm mount? If you don’t, you might want to invest in a foldable device.
- Ratings and Reviews: You need to scrutinize the reviews properly. They’ll help you define whether the device will be worth it or not.
And that’s it! You have everything you need to know about purchasing the best iPad arm mount for your needs plus examples of some of the highest-rated mounts out there. You’re all set to discover your perfect tablet mount and start enjoying hands-free entertainment or work.